Sunday, January 30, 2011

Ab Fab Sunday

Gorgeous doesn't begin to describe this weekend. Hot, breezy, sunny. I was to have gone to a friend's place on Saturday night to meet up with an old school buddy who's up from Tasmania but when I tried to confirm, the phone wasn't answered. She lives in Avalon on the Barrenjoey Penninsular about an hour and fifteen minutes from me so I wasn't going to turn up on the off chance.  All dressed up and nowhere to go, I put on my comfies and relaxed at home. Anyway, turns out the gig did happen and I received a message at 2am this morning to come over 'today'. So, willing to catch up with John from Tassie and share a bevvy with Steve and Ros, I mosied over to Avalon Beach with 200,000 other Sydneysiders who decided that the last weekend before school goes back would be a good day to visit the seaside.


All in all, a lovely day. Al fresco lunch on the balcony, a walk down to the rock pool for sun and a swim and a few drinks before heading home. Sadly, I forgot to take my camera so these are from the iPhone. Not the best but show you the best. Hope these warm up some of you who are freezing in the northern hemisphere. We're in for a couple more super hot days this week so I'm quite grateful to have the aircon at work:

View from My Friend's Balcony

The Back Yard

Avalon Beach from the Southern Headland

Avalon Beach

The Rock Pool

Looking SouthFrom the Rockpool

Tessilated Pavement for Jeffscape (Love it when I know something he doesn't)

Tassie John and Son James who 'said' he could swim!
You know the great thing about living here, isn't the culture, there's very little. The wildlife is great but hard to find . . it's the lifestyle. Absolutely fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment